Suffering from low testosterone (Low-T)? Traditionally age related male hormone changes were not considered problematic because fertility in men persists until advanced age. In contrast, women undergo ovarian function failure and require multiple hormone replacement.
- What is Andropause or Low-T?
More careful evaluation in males show progressive age related changes including:
- Decreased muscle mass & strength
- Decreased vigor, low energy
- Decreased libido
- Nervousness & depression
- Hair loss
These changes usually begin in the fourth and fifth decades and point towards hormonal imbalances and deficiencies which may be considered equivalent of menopause i.e. Andropause. Symptoms of Andropause include decrease in muscle mass and muscle strength, increased body fat and lowered libido, accompanied by decrease in mental sharpness and decrease of overall energy levels.
- What can be done about it?
Men can benefit from bio-identical hormone replacement therapy just as women do. This is done as part of a comprehensive and natural anti-aging program that can be done with Dr. Zoraida Navarro. Optimal health is dependent upon the balance of hormones and not just one single hormone. Currently men with low androgens (Male hormones) can benefit from hormone replacement therapy. Also men with imbalances in their androgens to estrogen and progesterone can also be hormone supplemented to achieve balance. This would improve the quality of your life and increase your life span.
- What Results can be expected from replacement of declining hormones in men?
Evidence suggests that replacing men’s testosterone as it declines can protect men from a variety of age-related conditions, including:
- Preventing atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and high blood pressure.
- Minimizing loss of muscle mass and strength common to aging.
- Preventing the decline of sexual ability or re-invigorating sexuality if it has already begun to diminish.
- Keeping the prostate gland healthy.
- Prevention of osteoporosis – a common problem for men in their 70s.
- Normalizing blood sugar, cholesterol, and HDL (“good”) cholesterol.
- How do we handle Male Andropause?
Dr. Navarro has developed a thorough anti-aging program, which includes components designed specifically for men. During the initial appointment, the patient spends about an hour or more with Dr. Navarro where all symptoms and health concerns are addressed. Initial recommendations are made, and lab testing for existing levels of testosterone, estrogens, progesterone, DHEA, and other hormones are ordered, along with testing as necessary to help evaluate other aspects of anti-aging therapy. When lab results return, a follow-up appointment is set to discuss the results and establish a complete treatment program.
To learn more about becoming a patient and availing of these wonderful treatments please contact us today for an initial consultation at 561-333-6366.