What is menopause?
What is perimenopause?
As a woman approaches menopause, her hormone production may fluctuate wildly, causing hot flashes, moodiness, depression, loss of libido, sleep problems, and more. Some women experience symptoms early – in some cases 10-15 years before clinical menopause. Fluctuating levels of hormones can cause one or more of the following:
- Hot flashes Fatigue
- Night sweats Irregular Periods
- Insomnia Breast tenderness
- Memory loss Weight Gain
- Mood swings Anxiety
- Low sex drive
- Increased skin wrinkling
What can be done?
But I already take hormones? Or I tried hormones already and they didn’t work?
What are the benefits of estrogen therapy?
Estrogen’s promote youthful cell growth in organs of the body. The benefits of estrogen include:
- Enhanced skin smoothness, firmness and elasticity
- Enhanced moistness of mucus membranes
- Enhanced muscle tone
- Enhanced sex drive
- Reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Reduced risk of colon cancer
- Improved memory and neurological function
- Greater feeling of well being
Are you estrogen dominant?
The increasingly popular term Estrogen dominant does not mean you have too much estrogen but that you have too little progesterone in relation to your estrogen even if the estrogen level is actually also low. There is an ideal ration between the two (Pg/E2). You can actually have normal or even low levels of estrogen, but when you have diminished levels of progesterone levels, estrogen dominance results. Because estrogen is a proliferative (cell growing) hormone, too much of it without progesterone to balance it will cause problems such as:
- Fibrocystic disease Water Retention
- Heavy/Irregular periods Low Thyroid Symptoms
- Migraines Belly weight gain
- Bone/mineral loss Tearfulness
Are there any other hormones I should take?
Besides bioidentical hormones we also provide nutritional supplements tailored for you, recommendation for life style changes, whole foods, diet, exercise and relaxation and enjoyment of life.